As weather announcer for KBVA, Kim Hendren is also an electrical engineer, state senator, founder of Hendren Plastics, Benton County Realty, as well as Hendren’s All American Autoplex. Kim and his wife, Marylea, began in radio back in 1982 when they built KEZA-FM and programmed it as easy listening music. Before selling the station several years later, they took KEZA-FM 108 to #1 radio station in the market after its first year on the air.
Kim Hendren is a Sunday School teacher as well as Music Director. He became a licensed pilot at 62 years old. He and his wife, Marylea, enjoy the occasional trip to Branson when they’re not enjoying their 14 grandchildren.
Ten Questions for Kim
- Who’s your favorite musical artist on KBVA?
- Do you play any musical instrument?
- What time did you get up this morning?
- What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
- Favorite vacation destination?
The Holy Land
- What was your first car?
’51 Ford Victoria
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Three of your favorite foods:
Fudge, Pie, Ice Cream
- Three all-time favorite movies:
Gone with the Wind, True Grit, Fire Proof
- Favorite sport to watch?